Alleppey or Alappuzha is the hub of Kerala's backwaters which is a home to a vast network of waterways and more than a thousand houseboats. It wanders around the small but chaotic city center and bus-stand area. Itha modest grid of canals. It is known as ‘Venice of the East' tag. But when you head west to the beach or in practically any other direction towards the backwaters, then Alleppey becomes graceful and greenery-fringed which disappears into a watery world of villages, toddy shops, punted canoes, and, houseboats. You can gaze over paddy fields of succulent green, curvaceous rice barges and village life along the banks.
Alappuzha, Kerala, India
Type of Place
- Picnic Spot
- Senior Citizen
- Cochin International Airport
- Alappuzha Railway Station
- Best Time To Visit: November To February
- Ambalappuzhasri Krishna temple
Revi Karuna Karan memorial
Basilica of st.mary
International coir museum
Things to Buy
- Coir products, Coconut shell handicrafts, Nettipattom, Nilavilakku (traditional lamp), Kerala sari, Aranulakannadi, and many things can be bought here.
Things to Eat
- South India is famous for the cuisine that it offers. There are many cuisines that you must try which are – Puttu and Kadala curry, Appa with stew, Idiyappam, Nadankozhivarithathu (spice chicken fry), Kerala prawn curry, Naadan beef fry, Malabar parotta, Kerala style fish Molee, Banana fritters, Paladapayasam, Ada Pradhaman and many more.
Things to enjoy
- There are many things which can be enjoyed here are –