Azad Hind Gram
Azad Hind Gram is located near National Highway 10, Tikri Kalan, NH 10, Rohtak Road, Haryana border Delhi. Developed by Delhi Tourism to honor Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose and to create quality leisure space and wayside amenities for the citizens.
The area was built as a mark of the place where Subhash Chandra Bose was believed to have given his last public speech. Bose, who was a revolutionary, made a plan to develop a military operation against British force in World War II, as a part of getting freedom for India from British rule. He is believed to have died in a plane crash in 1945 in Taiwan but his body was never found.
Azad Hind Gram, National Highway 10, Tikri Kalan, Delhi, 110041
Type of Place
- Picnic Spot
- Senior Citizen
- IGI Airport.
- Mundka Metro Station.
- New Delhi Railway Station.
Opens On All Days Of Week But Remains Closed On National Holidays.
Timings : 10:00 am to 06:00 pm.
Entry : Free
Photography : Permission Required.
- This place is good for Fun Lovers, Photo Fanatics, Puppet Show & Camel Cart ride.
Azad Hind Gram complex was constructed by Delhi Tourism and Transportation Development Corporation. Azad Hind Gram’s murals are designed by the Calcutta based artists who have depicted Subhash Chandra Bose in various moods. The murals have been carved out with such beauty that they speak for themselves. The elaborate mosaic domes surrounding the museum and the memorial are the focus of the complex. The design of the complex features strong North Indian styles and the central part of the monument has a large statue that was dedicated to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose. A large museum dedicated to Subhash Chandra Bose is also found at Azad Hind Gram. Visiting this complex evokes a sense of pride and patriotism in each Indian.
Things to Buy
- Elegant handicrafts, Furniture items, Jewellery, Trendy designer wears, Books.
Things to Eat
- Parathas, Chaat, Butter Chicken, Kebabs, Chole Bhature, Biryani, Momos etc.
Things to enjoy
- The elaborate mosaic domes surrounding the museum and the memorial are the focus of the complex which offers the facilities of extensive plazas, an amphitheater, tourist information center, souvenir and garden shop, food kiosks, a restaurant, Azad Hind Gram public telephone and convention facilities.