Ballimaran Haveli Mirza Ghalib
Mirza Ghalib’s Haveli is located in the Gali Qasim Jan, Ballimaran, Old Delhi which was the residence of the 19th century Urdu poet Mirza Asadullah Baig Khan (Mirza Ghalib) and is now a heritage site declared by Archaeological Survey of India. It offers an insight into the Mirza Ghalib’s lifestyle and architecture of the Mughal Era.
Ghalib lived in this Haveli for a long period of his life after he came from Agra. While staying at this Haveli, he wrote his Urdu and Persian ‘diwans’. As this Legend man, Mirza Asadullah Baig Khan (Mirza Ghalib) spend his last days in this building and left many busts related to him made this building itself an inspiration to the history seekers.
Ballimaran Haveli Mirza Ghalib, Rwa (Regd 2005), Regd Office 961, Punjabi Phatak Ballimaran Chowk 06, Ballimaran Road, Haveli Haider Kuli, Old Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi 110006
Type of Place
- Indira Gandhi Intl. Airport.
- Chawri Bazar Metro Station.
- Old Delhi Railway Station.
- Timing : Tues - Sun : Sunrise to Sunset
Monday : Closed
Admission : Free and open to all.
Photography : Allowed
- The Typical Statue of Ghalib which is very beautifully represented here as in statue Ghalib is sitting with the hookah in his hand. The well-decorated walls with the beautiful huge portrait of the poet and his couplets hung around the sidewalls other than this there are many sculptures as one of the most beautiful and memorable is the sculpture sculpted by a well known artist Bhagwan Rampure and accredited by the famous poet and Hindi film lyricist Gulzar which was exposed by the former Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on 27 December 2010, There is one more memorable portrait of Ghalib here accredited by the former president of India Dr. Zakir Hussain.
Things to Buy
- There is a very famous market Chandni Chowk very close one can purchase anything from there.
Things to Eat
- Parathas especially of Chandni Chowk and many more things like Chaat, Butter Chicken, Kababs, Chole Bhature, Biryani, Momos etc.
Things to enjoy
- One can see the many things related to the Legend Mirza Ghalib as this place preserves many belongings of Ghalib in the form of his handwritten Gazals, selected works from his books, his personal things And also the last photograph of him.