Birla Mandir, Jaipur
The temple is also known as Laxmi Narayan Temple which is built upon the base of Moti Dungari hills. Birla’s family who is connected with Indian industrial and social history built this Mandir. There are many Birla Mandir in different States, and these temples are very famous for its architecture and design with the most exceptional quality of white marbles.
It was built in 1988, dedicated to Lord Vishnu and Goddess of Wealth, Laxmi where a single marble stone forms the idols. Enhanced with the transparent idol of Lord Ganesha above the lintel, the Mandir shines very brightly at night times.
The temple was built on the land which was given by the Maharaja to the Birla’s family for a token amount of just one rupee.
The building is build up with three domes which shows different religions of secular India.
Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg, Tilak Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302004
Type of Place
- Senior Citizen
- Jaipur International Airport
- Jaipur Railway Station
- Timing: 6:00 AM To 12:00 PM
03:00 PM To 09:00 PM
Entry Fee: Free
Photography: Not Allowed
Phone No (Official) : +91-141-2620969 +91-141-5110598
Best Time To Visit: October To March
- The most magnificent part of the temple is the beautiful idol of Lakshmi Narayan, carved out from a single piece of stone. The other idol of Lord Ganesha is also very stunning.
The beautiful shrine is also a significant point for attraction as it allows to educate the visitors with the quotes of Bhagavad Geeta and Upanishads that are sculpted on the inside walls of the temple.
The splendid architecture and the different idols of Indian gods and goddess attracts the tourist and inform them about the culture and religious practices of India.
Pleasant green gardens also attract the humans with its delightful and peaceful environment. A pilgrim gets a feeling of sacredness attained by positive vibrations of the holy place.
The museum which has all ancestral belongings of the Birla family also attracts the visitors very well.
Things to Buy
- If you want to shop don't miss some trendy markets: Badi Chaupar, Bapu Bazar, Johri Bazar, You can also purchase souvenirs here. They have historical paintings made from organic colours and wooden replicas of the monuments. This is the ideal way to take memory back home.
Things to Eat
- The spicy keema baati, Traditional Rajasthani sweets are available, The iconic Rajasthani thali, dahi vadas, kachoris, chaat and samosas are extremely popular. Other than these items there are some trendy and locally available foods of Jaipur: Mirchi Bada, Rajasthani Subji, Chapati/Roti. The spicy keema baati, Traditional Rajasthani sweets are available, The iconic Rajasthani thali, dahi vadas, kachoris, chaat and samosas are extremely popular. Other than these items there are some trendy and locally available foods of Jaipur: Mirchi Bada, Rajasthani Subji, Chapati/Roti.
Things to enjoy
- You can spend some time in the museum and collect information about India's best industrialist family Birla's.
You can also enjoy the interior architecture of the building as these are engraved with extraordinary sculptures describing various mythological events and themes. The temple is designed with a classy exterior where are imaginary characters and personages regarding all religions are sculptured here on.
Never miss a chance to spend some time in the garden of the temple as its pleasant and peaceful environment helps pilgrim to get a feeling of sacredness attained by positive vibrations of the holy place.