Buddha Jayanti Park
Buddha Jayanti Park is located on Ring Road, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi India. Buddha Jayanti Smarak Park in Delhi hosts the annual function of Buddha's birthday ceremony and the spirit of Gautam Buddha's enlightenment is remembered on the eve. It has two gates one on Vande Mataram road and other in the parking place.
The park stands in the middle of an artificial garden which houses a pavilion that houses the gilded statue of Buddha. Dedicated to the 14th Dalai Lama in 1993, the park is one of a kind. A sanctuary of peace and tranquillity it evokes some very deep-seated sentiments of composure with life as it is and urges one to be grateful for all that they have been bestowed within life all this while. There is a jungle area, but one can walk to the pathways. Some peoples from authorities are doing great work to impose some discipline on keeping the area clean and free from plastic, beer bottle, and wrappers. This effort inspires us to gives our best in the maintenance of park not throw waste anywhere in the park.
Buddha Jayanti Park, Vandemataram Marg, New Delhi, Delhi 110021
Type of Place
- IGI Airport
- Dhaula Kuan Metro Station.
- New Delhi Railway Station.
- Opens On All days of the week except Sunday.
Timing : 5:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Parking is free from 06:00 AM to 09:00 AM
- Lush Greenery attracts the couple's and family here to come for the picnic etc. It is Relatively Dense. It changes its face according to the season. In some months it is full dull and dry, no green but after a few heavy showers of rain, it is lush green.
Things to Buy
- All types of clothes funky, formal, Bracelets, and all normal things are available there like shoes, bag, and many more interesting things.
Things to Eat
- Parathas, Chaat, Chole Bhature, Biryani, Momos etc.
Things to enjoy
- It is an excellent place to enjoy flora and fauna. It has some manicured garden area, flowers in the season. People visit the park to enjoy fresh air and to see a vast variety of flora and fauna. Beautiful BUDDHA STATUE for solitude. A must visit place for every tourist. It is like a paradise for BIRDs. In short, a perfect place for Nature Lovers.