Buddhist Temple, Delhi
This temple is situated at Mandir Marg. Buddhist temple structures are associated with the religious architecture of early Buddhism: monasteries (viharas), places to venerate relics (stupas), and shrines or prayer halls (chaityas also called chaitya grihas), which later came to be called temples in some places. The Pagoda is an evolution of the Indian stupa.
Foundation of this temple was laid on 31st October 1936, and was opened by Mahatma Gandhi on 18th March, 1939. Since then, many additions have been made to the original structure. A colourful mela is held in the compound every Tuesday and Saturday. Traditional Buddhist temples are designed to inspire inner and outer peace.
Buddhist Temple, Mandir Marg, Near Birla Mandir, Gole Market, Delhi, 110001
Type of Place
- Senior Citizen
- IGI Airport.
- R. K. Ashram Marg Metro Station.
- New Delhi Railway Station.
- Opens On All Days Of Week.
Entry Fee : Free.
- This Buddhist Temple include the attractive structures called stupa, wat and pagoda in different regions and languages. Temple represent the pure land or pure environment of Lord Buddha. Its structure and architecture vary from other region. Usually, the temple consists not only of its buildings but also the surrounding evironment. This Temple is designed to symbolize five elements : Fire, Air, Earth, Water, and Wisdom.
Things to Buy
- In front of temple normal and average product are available on different shops but on some distance at Ghaffar market, you can buy a various product such as fancy clothes, goggles, Shoes, artificial jewelry, silver jewellery, and all phones and related accessories.
Things to Eat
- Everywhere outside the temple Pure Vegetarian food is available especially leafy food, but on some distance, you will enjoy the spicy and crunchy food like Kababs, Chaap, Paneer Tikka etc.
Things to enjoy
- Very beautiful temple and a calm and quiet place. You can come here and offer prayer to find peace of mind, body, and soul. The temple is really nice and monks and Buddhists are all good. You will find it's one of the best temples in the world. Beautiful Budha Temple, very peaceful place on Mandir Marg.