It was developed as the showpiece of Lutyens' Delhi with a outstanding Central Business District. Named after Field Marshal Prince Arthur, 1st Duke of Connaught and Strathearn, construction work began in 1929 and was completed in 1933.
Before the existence of Connaught Place market, the area was enclosed with the Kikar trees and was a hunting place for jackals and wild pigs. Thus it is a very big challenge to built a royal market out there with few machines. This smart work inspires us to do hard work without much thinking of outcomes. This market is an example of the statement - ''The Smart and Hard work leads to Guaranteed Success''.
Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi, India
Type of Place
- Senior Citizen
- IGI Airport.
- Rajiv Chowk.
- New Delhi Railway Station.
- If you are going for shopping purpose then the shops at the market are open at 10 am till 9:30 Pm.
- Connaught Place is known for its vast range of materials like gadgets, clothes etc. Hence the market is the center of attraction.
Things to Buy
- There are a lot of things to buy, and I m sure you going to be puzzled if you have no plans for your shopping. By the way Mobile phones and all related accessories, Branded Clothes and Khadi Clothes also there every new technology gadgets are available there.
Things to Eat
- Chole Kulche, junk food at KFC and McDonald and also some street food like Aaloo chaat, Fruit chaat etc.
Things to enjoy
- You must enjoy shopping there and you can also enjoy the architecture of British time.