Doctor Zakir Hussain Museum
The Zakir Hussain Museum was established in 1972 in the memory and honor of the third President of India late Dr. Zakir Hussain. The museum lies within the premises of the campus of Zamia Milia Islamia University in Okhla in New Delhi.
Zakir Hussain the man who was the President of India for two years (till death), and Vice President Of India for five years. He was the youngest Co-founder of any University at that time, he was only 23 years old than he did this great job and this museum display's all Life Cycle of India's 3rd President and also India's First Muslim President the real Legend Zakir Hussain, the museum is situated in the complex of the University which was Co-Founded by him Only.
Doctor Zakir Hussain Museum, Maulana Mohammad Ali Jauhar Marg, Jamia Millia Islamia, Azim Dairy, Okhla, New Delhi, Delhi 110025
Type of Place
- Senior Citizen
- Indira Gandhi Intl. Airport.
- Jamia Millia Islamia Metro Station.
- Okhla Railway Station.
- Opens On All days of the week except Friday.
Timiing : 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Entry Fee : Free
- The history related to the museum is the main point of attraction as it describes the great desire of this soulful leader of India who continuously strived to quench his thirst for further Knowledge and because of his belief contributed immensely in the field of education and propagated the importance of education in India.
Things to Buy
- One can purchase the books related to the life of Legend Man Zakir Hussain.
Things to Eat
- One should eat the Biryani in the nearby market at Okhla extn. And even Chinese foods like Momos, Manchurian which are the delicious foods near this museum.
Things to enjoy
- One can see all the items and objects used by one of the great leader Dr. Hussain throughout his lifetime including his mementos, photographs, and memorabilia. All the Awards received by Dr. Hussain are also displayed here with pride. Besides his personal belongings, the museum also has a collection of very intriguing and interesting geographical specimens.