Bangalore Aquarium, also known as Government aquarium, is located on the Kasturba Road, Bengaluru, near the Chinnaswamy Cricket Stadium. It is the second largest aquarium in India. The Aquarium is under the supervision of the State Government’s Department of Fisheries.
The Bangalore Aquarium was established in the year 1983 for educational as well as entertainment purpose. The variety of aquatic animals were kept on increasing since then over the passage of time.
Government Aquarium, Kasturba Rd, Shanthala Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001
Type of Place
- Senior Citizen
- Bangalore International Airport
- Bangalore City Railway Station
- While visiting, care must be taken about the day as the aquarium remains closed on Mondays.
The entry fee is very minute for adults being Rs 5/- only whereas children below the age of 12 are exempted from any kind of charges.
The timings for the Aquarium to be visited is between 10:30 AM and 6:30 PM.
- It possesses a wide variety of Aquatic life by Displaying a large number of ornamental as well as cultivable pet fish. Both Indigenous, as well as Exotic freshwater fishes, can be seen over here, viz. Angelfish, Glowlight Tetra, Red tail shark, Siamese fighters, Catla, Indian Tiger Barb, Mahseer, Prawns, Blue Gourami, Goldfish, etc.
Things to Buy
- There is a very famous Art Gallery named “Galerie De’Arts” where ate art collectors can buy the works which they like and keep them as the remembrance of the journey.
Things to Eat
- The nearby commercial street offers a variety of delicious south Indian street foods.
Things to enjoy
- The students may also find the information related to various fishes, including the report of their feeds. Moreover, the adjoining Park, i.e., Cubbon Park is worthy to be visited by the visitors for enjoyment.