HAL Heritage Centre and Aerospace Museum
This museum was the first of its kind in India, established in the year 2001 in Bangalore. The ancestry Centre and Aerospace Museum is spread over 4 acres of rich green land.
(HAL) HINDUSTAN AERONAUTICS LIMITED Heritage Centre and Aerospace Museum, the first of its kind in India was established in the year 2001 at the HAL Airport Road. The museum is a stock of knowledge for the academically minded as it houses a library on Aerospace and traces the development of the industry’s exciting phases since 1940.
HAL Heritage Centre and Aerospace Museum, Near HAL Police Station, HAL Old Airport Rd, Marathahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560037
Type of Place
- Senior Citizen
- Bengaluru International Airport
- Bengaluru City Railway Station
- The visitors do not have to bother about the off days of the museum as the museum is open on all days of the week from 9 AM to 5 PM.
The entrance fee for adults is Rs 50/- and for children below 18, it is Rs 30/- per head.
The children below 3 years of age along with the disabled people are exempted from this fee.
- The main attractions of the museum are the two major halls, one displaying the photographs that chart the growth of aviation in each decade from 1940 to date. The second hall exhibit motorised cross-section of models of aero engines, showing various functions of the engines.
Things to Buy
- The commercial street near the museum offers a variety of things for shopping. Ethnic wear, Inexpensive housewares.
Things to Eat
- Barbecue restaurants are very famous hereby.
Things to enjoy
- The museum offers various kind of adventurous activities for the visitors along with separate price tags, i.e. not included in the entrance fee. There are basic simulator and motion simulator games. There is a true motion simulator to emphasise the user experience by giving a very realistic feel of flying fighter jets and commercial aircraft.