Hauz Khas Complex
Hauz Khas Complex is located in South Delhi and easily approachable by local transport. This complex was urbanised in the mid-1980s around the ancient medieval structures still seen today that can be traced back to the Delhi Sultanate era of the Ala-ud-din Khilji dynasty who governed during the 13th Century AD and was responsible for the existence of a few of these stunning Monuments that we see today in this village.
The Hauz Khas ( large water tank or reservoir) was first built by Allauddin Khilji (1296–1316) to supply water to the people of Siri Fort. This tank was dug over an area of 50 acres with a depth of 4 meters measuring 600 meters wide and 700 meters long. Later, the water tank was filtered by excluding and clearing the clogged inlet water channels under the orders of Sultan Firoz Shah Tughlaq [1351-1388] ruler of 'Firozabad', the fifth medieval city of Delhi, to provide water for the use of his people.
The Hauz Khas inspires all the humanity to save water as much possible not waste it built more water storage plants.
Deer Park, Hauz Khas, New Delhi, Delhi 110016
Type of Place
- IGI Airport
- Hauz Khas Metro Station.
- Safdurjung Railway Station.
- The real attraction of this place lies not in its splendid architecture or even in its status of being an academic centre, but in the sheer magical beauty of the place.
Things to Buy
- Elegant handicrafts, Furniture items, Jewellery, Trendy designer wears, Books.
Things to Eat
- There are lots of delicious food but Delhi special chole Bhature never forget to taste and also there is a huge variety of dishes of foreigners as well as Indians. Street food like chaat, chole-kulche, Burger, Pizza, Noodles and many more.
Things to enjoy
- Hauz Khas Village has become a favorite hangout location among youths of Delhi. It is popularly known as HKV. It is an urbanised village known for its cafes, high fashioned boutiques, and antique shops. Islamic architecture and greenery of Hauz Khas Complex make it more attractive. Many people visit this place, some for photography with DSLR in their hands, some just to hang out with friends but not everyone knows about it. It is perfect for Wanderers, Photo Fanatics, History Buffs, Experience Seekers.