Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain Park
The dancing and musical fountains are based on the current multimedia technology, providing high versatility in programming as well as in playback to various Indian and Western musical themes. A number of fountain patterns, with distinct heights, develop into formations creating an illusion of a folk or group dance. The fountain is located in the heart of the city on the Raj Bhavan Road in the old LRDE Complex.
The Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain was commissioned in the year 1996 as part of the beautification plan for the city of Bangalore. The name of the fountain is a tribute given to the first female Prime Minister of India, Smt. Indira Gandhi.
Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain Park, Opp to Jawahar Lal Nehru Planetarium, Raj Bhawan Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560052
Type of Place
- Senior Citizen
- Bangalore International Airport
- Yeshvantpuram and Bangalore Junction
- While visiting the place, a tourist must be careful about the day as this musical fountain is closed on Mondays and the Second Tuesday of the month.
The entry fee for adults is Rs. 30 only.
The entry fee is only charged for adults and vehicles, the children below 10 years of age are exempted from any charges.
The timings of the show are from 7 PM to 7:30 PM and 8 PM to 8:30 PM every evening.
- The fountain running on the concept of binary codes makes the view picturesque and eye-pleasing every evening. This fountain forms various fascinating patterns like a peacock tail, spinners, cross streams, high jet, organ pipe, etc. Moreover, rockeries and rosaries are employed on the sides of the fountain which makes the landscape further attractive. The music and lighting effects combined with the fountain patterns makes it worth watching once in the life. Also, there are large lawns around the fountain for roaming and relaxing.
Things to Buy
- The commercial street near the Planetarium offers a good deal for street shopping; having a variety of products. This is about 1.3 KM away from the Fountain.
Things to Eat
- There are many restaurants nearby it which offer a variety of southern food items like Dosa, Idli sambhar, etc.
Things to enjoy
- There are 100 lights of five different colors which are lit in combination with the musical tones and fountain patterns. The combination of these three things makes the show very lovely and enjoyable.