Jaigarh Fort is situated on Cheel ka Teela(Teela) of the Aravalli range. It overlooks the Maota Lake and the Amer Fort, near Amer in Jaipur. Jai Singh II built this fort in 1726 to protect the Amer Fort and its complex and hence was named after him.
The fort which is similar in structural design to the Amer Fort is also known as Victory Fort. It has a length of 3 kilometers (1.9 mi) and a width of 1 kilometer (0.62 mi). The fort features a cannon named "Jaivana," which was then the world's largest cannon on wheels. The palace complex houses an armory and a museum. Subterranean passages link Jaigarh Fort and Amer Fort.
This fort holds a prominent place in history. Sawai Man singhII gave the order to make this canon. This is the fort which has the biggest cannon of Asia. This tells the amount of power that the rulers of that era used to possess.
This can fire the shell which fell 35 km beyond it and created a small lake at that place. This tells the might and power of this canon.
Devisinghpura, Amer, Rajasthan 302028
Type of Place
- Senior Citizen
- Jaipur International Airport
- Jaipur Railway Station
- Opens On All Days.
Timing: 9:00 AM To 4:30 PM
Entry Fee: Rs. 35 Per Person (for Indians), Rs. 85 Per Person (for foreigners).
- The canon “Jaivana” is the main point of attraction here.
Museum at Jaigarh Fort is also a point of attraction.
Things to Buy
- If you want to shop don't miss some trendy markets: Badi Chaupar, Bapu Bazar, Johri Bazar, You can also purchase souvenirs here. They have historical paintings made from organic colours and wooden replicas of the monuments. This is the ideal way to take memory back home.
Things to Eat
- The spicy keema baati, Traditional Rajasthani sweets are available, The iconic Rajasthani thali, dahi vadas, kachoris, chaat and samosas are extremely popular. Other than these items there are some trendy and locally available foods of Jaipur: Mirchi Bada, Rajasthani Subji, Chapati/Roti. The spicy keema baati, Traditional Rajasthani sweets are available, The iconic Rajasthani thali, dahi vadas, kachoris, chaat and samosas are extremely popular. Other than these items there are some trendy and locally available foods of Jaipur: Mirchi Bada, Rajasthani Subji, Chapati/Roti.
Things to enjoy
- You can enjoy photography.