Jama Masjid, Ahmedabad
Jama Masjid also known by the name Jami or Jumma Mosque, is the most splendid mosque of Ahmedabad. This famous mosque was built in 1424 during the reign of Ahmed Shah I. Located in the old walled city, the mosque is situated outside Bhadra Fort area, along with the south side of the road spreading from Teen Darwaza to Manek Chowk. The mosque is constructed in Indo-Islamic architecture.
In the starting time when this magnificent mosque was built this was used by only the king and their family which gives a bad message in the public mind by as our country is a democratic country and every people have the right to visit the mosques or temples and so now there is no such VIP culture, and everyone has the right to visit this now.
Jama Masjid, Manek Chowk, Gandhi Road, Danapidth, Khadia, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380001
Type of Place
- Senior Citizen
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport
- Ahmedabad Railway Station
- Opens On All Days.
Entry Fee: Free
Phone :- 079 2550 6264
- The architecture of the mosque is just beautiful and covers a large area as the main prayer hall has more than 260 columns supporting the roof along with 15 domes, having a walk through the hall an incredible maze of light and shadows.
Things to Buy
- As the mosque is located in a busy market many things can be purchased many small handicrafts with different types of house decorating items can be bought. Never forget to shop textile when you visit as Ahmedabad is famous for its textile.
Things to Eat
- Must taste the Gujarati Thali here along with the traditional snacks even you may taste Dhokla, Khakra, Khandvi with some Lassi, Buttermilk, and sweets like Ghevar, Malpua.
Things to enjoy
- You can enjoy the clean and calm environment here. Visit Jama Mosque will make you fully refresh and energized.