Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium Bengaluru
Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium is a popular tourism attraction located on the T. Chowdiah Road in Bangalore. It was established in the year 1989, having been founded by the Bangalore City Corporation. Initially, it was not managed by the BASE (Bangalore Association of Science Education), but since 1992 the planetarium has been taken care of by it.
Nehru Planetariums are a kind of Governmental franchises which are presently running in five states of India viz. Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune, New Delhi, and Allahabad. The planetarium is named after the name of the first prime minister of India, i.e., Jawaharlal Nehru.
The first Planetarium was established in Pune in the year 1954. In 1989, this planetarium was established in Bangalore.
Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium Bengaluru, Sri T, Sankey Rd, High Grounds, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001
Type of Place
- Bangalore International Airport
- Yeshvantpuram and Bangalore Junction
- While visiting the place, a tourist must be careful about the day as the Planetarium remains closed on Mondays and the Second Tuesday of the month.
The entry fee of the planetarium is very much affordable viz. Rs 20 for children and Rs 35 for adults.
The timing of the show is from 3 PM to 4:30 PM.
- It has many amazing and educational things to enjoy and enhance your knowledge about the vast universe in which we reside. The main attraction being the SKY THEATRE which is having a high capacity of about 225 audiences at a time. The show is not only educational but also provides a refreshing thrill which is fascinating enough to be appreciated. It also has a Science Centre and a Science Park which exhibits various mind-blowing technical crafts for you to be astonished.
Things to Buy
- The commercial street near the Planetarium offers a good deal for street shopping; having a variety of products. This is about 1.3 KM away from the planetarium.
Things to Eat
- There are many restaurants nearby the planetarium which offer a variety of southern food items like Dosa, Idli sambhar, etc.
Things to enjoy
- The planetarium possesses an exhibition hall which has large and fascinating posters of Galaxies, Supernovas, Stars, etc. Along with the main show, the theatre has many shows depicting various cartoon and caricature animations for the entertainment of the children.