Kamala Nehru Park, Pune
Kamala Nehru Park comes under one of those parks in the city maintained by the Pune Municipal Corporation. Kamala Nehru Park is a superb place for carrying out your daily exercise, having long chit-chats with friends, taking brisk walks, and of course for wooing and winning. The site takes up a huge area of about ten acres and boasts to be a heavy green belt standing amidst the pollution of the city. Kamla Nehru Park is positioned on Dr. Ketkar road, Pune. This park has a Playground for kids, jogging track, a fountain, and two lawns. A military jet is also preserved in one of the lawns.
From last few years, authorities are doing a great job in increasing the number of species of flora and fauna and different types of species of trees. They are again linking the humanity from wildlife. That is a good job we should also do something in this context.
Harshavardhan Society, Lane Number 11, Deccan Gymkhana, Pune, Maharashtra 411004
Type of Place
- Senior Citizen
- Pune International Airport
- Pune Railway Station
- Opens On All Days.
Timing : 06:00 AM To 11:00 AM
04:00 AM To 09:00 PM
Entry Fee : Free
Photography : Allowed
- Near the entrance to the west of the park on a huge peepal tree, you read the Dos and Don’ts meant for the visitors.
- One of the reasons that make Kamala Nehru Park a healthy place is the abundant amount of oxygen in the air here. There are more than 300 trees in the park out of which 180 are the big ones. You can see here the trees like Peepal, mango, Ashok, sandal, tamarind and Swietenia mahogany. There is a wonderful Christmas tree as well.
- There is a mini play park for children here. Children below 10 years can play here. You can see various types of slides and swings in the play park. Children love this part of the park most.
- The fountain is also a major part of an attraction. You can see the dancing water of the fountain in the evening. As far as the construction of the fountain is concerned, it’s a beautiful work.
Things to Buy
- Pune has a whole world of offerings when it comes to beautiful goodies. You will love to shop for stunning local handicrafts, antique items like gramophone records or rare coins, beautiful leather items, comfy Kolhapuri Chappals, trendy fashion accessories, stylish footwear, designer dresses, Chiwda (rice flakes) and slippers made from rubber. Be sure to bargain for your favorite stuff as the local vendors tend to overcharge for the tourists.
Things to Eat
- Aloo paratha at Chaitanya, Mysore Cheese Masala Dosa at Vaishali, Chicken Shawarma at Hite Bar are some delicious food nearby.
Things to enjoy
- As you enter in and see everywhere, you are sure that you are going to enjoy being in the park. The abundant green lawns and hundreds of huge trees surely take to an altogether different world where no mundane hurries and worries can disturb your calmness.
You should not pluck the flowers and the leaves of the plants. Keeping the place clean is the minimal expectation from the visitors.