Kankaria Lake, formerly known as Hauz e Qutub, was built by Sultan Qutab-ud-Din in the year 1451 A.D. and is the second largest lake in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. It is an unnatural lake with thirty-four sides. It is situated in the south-eastern part of the city, in the Maninagar area.
This lake has its importance in many different ways as this lake is said to be the kings bathing point even some says that the Mughal Emperor Jahangir often visited this lake along with his wife. Other than these after the development of the one of the best lakefront, it has enriched its importance. As the lakefront consists many attraction along with nature-friendly and people's helping as there is a zoo which includes a variety of species. This makes people learn how to use our valuable environment with the combination of nature, and the god created creatures. This whole lake area teaches us how to enjoy with our natural things and gives a simple and fundamental message to everyone.
Kankaria Lake, Kankaria, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380002
Type of Place
- Picnic Spot
- Senior Citizen
- Vadodara Airport
- Ahmedabad Railway Station
- Timing: 09:00 AM To 09:00 PM
Phone No: +91 79 2546341
Entry Fee: Free entry for senior citizens, children below 5 years.
Rs. 10 Per Person For Adults.
Rs. 5 Per Child For Children.
Rs.1 Per Person For Educational Trip.
Rs.100 Per Person Monthly Pass.
- Lakefront is the main attraction of the lake as it has many public spectacles such as a zoo, toy train, kids city, tethered balloon ride, water rides, water park, food stalls, and entertainment facilities. The lakefront was revamped in 2008.
Things to Buy
- One can buy the many different types of things like sculptures, and the many handloom and handicrafts.
Things to Eat
- Dosa, Sandwich, pizza along with the snacks are the most loved food of nearby.
Things to enjoy
- The calmness of the surrounding with the pleasant sounds of singing birds makes the moment best. The tree walks, Mini Golf, Desert Safari, High-Speed SSki-boats and many more such adventures sports you can enjoy here.
If you visit here in December never forget to enjoy Carnival. This carnival is a week-long festival held here in the last week of December. Many cultural, art, and social programmes are organised during the carnival.
Experience Seekers Photo Fanatics Adventure Seekers Nature Lovers are the most invited peoples.