Munnar is a town and hill station which is located in the Idukki district of the southwestern Indian state of Kerala. Munnar is situated at an approx. the height of 1,600 meters (5,200 ft) above mean sea level in the Western Ghats mountain range. Munnar is popularly called as the "Kashmir of South India" and is a favorite destination for honeymoon.
It was the summer resort of the Britishers. This place has held its true nature way back from a long time. Apart from this, it had never disappointed any tourist in giving its best. So it’s a must visit place for the tourists out there.
Munnar, Kerala, India
Type of Place
- Picnic Spot
- Senior Citizen
- Cochin International Airport
- Ernakulam Junction Railway Station
- Best month to visit – October to February
Approx cost – Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 30,000
- There are a ton of things that attract a huge amount of tourists every year. They are as follows:
Eravikulam National Park
Pothamedu View Point – Gives a scenic view of the Picturesque hills.
Kolukkumalai Tea point
CSI Christ church and many more.
Things to Buy
- Coir products, Coconut shell handicrafts, Nettipattom, Nilavilakku (traditional lamp), Kerala sari, Aranulakannadiand many things can be bought here.
Things to Eat
- South India is famous for the cuisine that it offers. There are many cuisines that you must try which are – Puttu and Kadala curry, Appa with stew, Idiyappam, Nadankozhivarithathu (spice chicken fry), Kerala prawn curry, Naadan beef fry, Malabar parotta, Kerala style fish Molee, Banana fritters, Paladapayasam, Ada Pradhaman and many more.
Things to enjoy
- There are many adventure parks out there which facilitates the need of tourists. Some are as follows:
Fun forest adventure park
Dreamland fun and adventure
Wonder valley adventure and amusement park
Lockhart tea museum