National Handicrafts and Handlooms Museum
The national handicraft and the handlooms museum is properly known as the Craft museum. It display's and promotes traditional arts and craft from the various parts of our India. The wonderful or amazing diversity is present in a particular place that is crafts museum. This was established in 1956 and is located near pragati Maidan, Bhairon Road New delhi.
This museum shows a lots of crafts and arts works from 1950s and 60s. There are collection of tribal and rural objects such as artwork and textiles sthal are increased from few deads. The museum serves there to protect and promote there tribal and rural arts and crafts.
National Handicrafts and Handlooms Museum, Pragati Maidan Bhairon Marg, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, Delhi 110001
Type of Place
- Indira Gandhi Intl. Airport
- H. Nizamuddin Railway Station.
- Pragati Maidan Metro Station.
- Timings :- 10:00 AM TO 05:00 PM
Opens :- Tuesday To Sunday, ◆● Monday Closed.
- Here in this museum there are many things which attracts visitors i.e., Poetry work, wooden carvings, metal work terracotta horses, folk painting, toy sculpturing, creative textiles work by tribal from all over the country, Handmade jewelleries from various states of India. It contains a much larger spread of Indians history of crafts woth over 35,000 pieces of painting, textiles, clay and wood. There are over 15,000 rare items of ancient living , here visitors can see these all ancient items.
Things to Buy
- Here the most favourite buyable thing to make the trip memorable is the handloom and handicraft items
Things to Eat
- The local street foods such as Kulcha, Momos, Tikki, Chat, Pani pudi etc.
Things to enjoy
- Must enjoy the various galleries i.e.,
◆●Tribal and folk arts gallery.
◆●Courtly crafts and textile section.
◆●Bhuta sculpture section.
◆●Village Complex section.
◆●Ritual craft section