National Rail Museum
The National Rail Museum is a museum located in Chanakyapuri, New Delhi which mainly focuses on the rail heritage of India it established on the 1 February 1977. It is spread in over 10 acres of land with both indoor and outdoor show.
This exclusive museum has a charming and exotic collection of over 100 real size exhibition of Indian Railways. Static and working models, antique furniture, signaling equipments, historical photographs and related literature etc. are shown in the museum. The line-up of aged coaches includes the handsome Prince of Wales Saloon which was built in 1875.
Since many years our government and all concern authority are doing a great job in maintenance of all engine and Bodies of some precious train. Which inspire us to help them in any manner to progress or develop the museum.
National Rail Museum, Chanakyapuri, Near Bhutan Embassy, New Delhi, Delhi 110021
Type of Place
- Picnic Spot
- Senior Citizen
- IGI Airport
- Dhaula Kuan Metro Station.
- New Delhi Railway Station.
- Entry Ticket : Rs.20 only.
Museum Timing : (Tues-Sun) 10:00 AM To 5:00 PM, (Last entry 4:30 PM).
Museum remains closed on National Holidays and every Monday.
1:8 Scale toy train Runs on Wednesday and Fri only between 2 PM To 3 PM, Ticket : Rs.100 per person per ride.
Diesel Simulator Runs on Tuesday only between 11:30 AM To 1:30 PM, Ticket : Rs.150 per person per ride.
Steam Simulator Runs on Thursday only between 11:30 AM To 1:30 PM, Ticket Rs.100 per person per ride.
Coach Simulator Runs on weekend only between 11:30 AM To 1:30 PM. Ticket Rs. 200 per person per ride.
- The best attraction of here is the Fairy Queen which was built in 1855 and studied to be one of the best-preserved steam locomotive engines of her age. A ride in monorail and joy train is the most interesting experience besides boating. Do not miss the wonderful Fire Engine when you are on your way out. Some things are also appreciable and attract visitors like 1:8 toy scale train, Diesel simulator, Steam simulator, Coach simulator, Fire engine, Saloon of Prince of Wales, Saloon of Maharaja of Mysore, Saloon of Maharaja of Indore.
Things to Buy
- Elegant handicrafts, Furniture items, Jewellery, Trendy designer wears, Books.
Things to Eat
- Parathas, Chaat, Butter Chicken, Kebabs, Chole Bhature, Biryani, Momos etc.
Things to enjoy
- A toy train offers rides around that site on regular days which very enjoyable. Must enjoy things are self-observing of everything includes engine, saloon, coach etc.