Nehru Zoological Park
Nehru zoological park is one of the top most visited places in Hyderabad. It houses different types of animals and birds. It was opened in 1963 and at present houses 1100 types of animal and 100 species of Birds in it. Built on an area of 380 hectares, it is one of the most important zoos in India. The central zoo authority of India controls it. It is run by the forest department of Government of Telangana.
The park gives a glimpse of nature to such an extent that anyone will fall in love with it. Apart from this, it is a nice place to visit with family and to have a beautiful day spent with your loved ones. It is delivering its best since its inception in 1959. A tourist place with 60 years of experience in catering to the needs of the people deserves a visit.
NH 44, Bahadurpura, Hyderabad, Telangana 500064
Type of Place
- Senior Citizen
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport.
- Hyderabad Deccan Railway Station.
- Entry Fee: Rs.20 Per Adult, 5 Per Child (below 12 yrs).
Still Camera Charges: Rs.20 for Still Camera (Amateur), Rs.500 for Still Camera (Professional).
Video Camera Charges: Rs.100 for Video Camera (Amateur), Rs.500 for Video Camera (Professional).
Toy Train Charges : Rs.15 Per Adult, Rs.5 per Child (below 12 yrs).
Lion & Tiger Safari Fee: Rs.40 Per Adult, Rs.20 Per Child (below 12 yrs).
Buggy / Batter Operated Vehicle Fee: Rs.50 Per Adult, Rs.30 Per Child (below 12 yrs).
Nocturnal Animal House Fee: Rs.10 Per Adult, Rs.5 Per Child (below 12 yrs).
Film Shooting Fee: Rs.8500 Per Day.
Zoo Guest House Accomodation Fee: Rs.500 for a family of 10 members, Occupancy from 9 AM to 5:30 PM.
- The main attraction in the park is flora and fauna. It houses 100 species of birds, mammals, and reptiles. Indigenous animals like the royal Bengal tiger, great Indian rhino, Asiatic lion, panther, deer, antelopes, python and many more are housed in it.
Apart from the zoo the 600 acre Mir Alam tank also attracts a vast number of migratory birds which looks more attractive.
There is a special arrangement for the nocturnal animals so that the visitors can see them as they are active only in the nights. They have unique nocturnal houses which reverses day and night. Animals like a chimpanzee, hedgehogs, fruit bats, owls are kept in this exhibit.
There is also an aquarium in the park. It also houses Butterfly park and Tortoise house.
Things to Buy
- If you are in Hyderabad, then you must not miss the chance to buy Pearls, Hyderabadi bangles in the choodi bazaar, Perfumes made from sandalwood oil, Gongura pickle, Bakery products, Pochampally sarees, Bidri work (Metalcraft from Iran) and much more.
Things to Eat
- Mirchi ka salan, Hyderabadi biryani, Dum pukht, Hyderabadi marag,keema samosa, Paaya, soup, Maghaz masala, Boti kebab, Khatti dal, Goshtpashinde, Malai korma, Murgh do pyaza, Qabooli biryani, Burani raita, Lukhmi, Hyderabadi khichdi and much more.
Things to enjoy
- The safari organized by the zoo administration is a mus to do a thing. It gives you a glimpse of animals like Bengal tiger, Asiatic lions, and rhinos which are housed in the zoo at a different section.
The zoo has various education and feeding lessons which are organized to give a brief knowledge about the park and its component.
Apart from this, Zoo also houses a history museum and a train which is quite useful to have a look upon.