Pune Okayama Friendship Garden
The Pune Okayama Friendship Garden is built in the inspiration of 300 years old " The Korakuen Garden " in Okayama City, Japan. It occupies an area of 10 acres.
This Japanese garden has been titled after a well known Marathi writer from Maharashtra named Pu. La. Deshpande.
The garden expresses elements that speak about light and darkness, soft and hard, stillness and motion, warm and cold. It is based on the Yin and Yang ideology. The garden acts as a perfect bridge between the two cities of Okayama and Pune, encouraging cultural, traditional, economic, industrial & friendship ties. The characteristics of the place are a composition of fire, harmony, line spirit world and water which lets you feel the essence of nature.
Sinhagad Road, Dattawadi, Pune, Maharashtra 411030
Type of Place
- Senior Citizen
- Pune International Airport.
- Pune Railway Station.
- Open Timing - 06:00 AM To 10:30 AM
04:00 PM To 08:00 PM
Entry Fee: RS. 5
Photography: Not Allowed
- This is the biggest garden made in Japanese style out of Japan in Asia.
The Surya Namaskar statue is also a point of attraction among tourists.
Things to Buy
- Pune has a whole world of offerings when it comes to beautiful goodies. You will love to shop for beautiful local handicrafts, antique items like gramophone records or rare coins, exceptional leather items, comfy Kolhapuri Chappals, trendy fashion accessories, stylish footwear, designer dresses, Chiwda (rice flakes) and slippers made from rubber. Be sure to bargain for your favourite stuff as the local vendors tend to overcharge for the tourists.
Things to Eat
- Mango Mastani at Sujata Mastan, Chicken biryani at the Blue Nile, and many more street foods of Pune can be tasted here.
Things to enjoy
- A person can enjoy the extensive Lawns, Ponds, Artificial hills and Forest, While listening to the murmur of meandering stream while strolling.
There are wooden arrangements to sit and rest. There are bright red and orange fish in the ponds which looks very much beautiful.