Ramoji Film City
The Ramoji Film City is located in Hyderabad which spreads over 1666 acres. This is the largest integrated film city in Telangana. It has been certified as the most massive studio complex in the world by Guinness World Records. Producer Ramoji Rao built it in 1996. It is also a popular tourism and recreation center which contains many natural and artificial attractions which also includes an amusement park. Around 1.5 million tourists visit this beautiful place every year.
As this is the world’s largest film city, it needs a visit so that we can learn something about the Bollywood especially if we are a movie buff. Secondly, the whole area was a jungle, but the Ramoji strictly told the contractor that not a single tree should be cut down to meet his dreams. This in itself was a very friendly and welcoming decision which shows his love towards mother nature.
Ramoji Film City Main Road, Anaspur Village, Hayathnagar Mandal, Hyderabad, Telangana 501512
Type of Place
- Senior Citizen
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport.
- Hyderabad Deccan Railway Station.
- Timing: 9:00 AM To 8:00 PM
Entry Fee: General Guided One Day Tour without-Food (9.00 AM to 5.30 PM) Adult: Rs.1150/-, Child (3-12 Yrs): Rs.950/-.
Star Experience One Day Tour with-Food: (9.00 AM to 5.30 PM) Adult: Rs.2249/-, Child (3-12 Yrs): Rs.2049/-.
Phone No: 180042509999
- The public can visit this place and enjoy a lot of things from theme parks to amusement rides. The film city has permanent shooting sets which includes railway stations, temples and much more. It has around 47 sound stages.
You can do the studio tour which will include the trip of a whole studio. Apart from this, you can also visit the Japanese garden, Mughal garden, askari garden and much more in its vicinity.
Things to Buy
- If you are in Hyderabad, then you must not miss the chance to buy Pearls, Hyderabadi bangles in the choodi bazaar, Perfumes made from sandalwood oil, Gongura pickle, Bakery products, Pochampally sarees, Bidri work (Metalcraft from Iran) and much more.
Things to Eat
- Mirchi ka salan, Hyderabadi biryani, Dum pukht, Hyderabadi marag,keema samosa, Paaya, soup, Maghaz masala, Boti kebab, Khatti dal, Goshtpashinde, Malai korma, Murgh do pyaza, Qabooli biryani, Burani raita, Lukhmi, Hyderabadi khichdi and much more.
Things to enjoy
- Adventure sports from bungee ejection to swinging and climbing through the loop is available here which for sure will entertain you.
At movie magic park sudden earthquakes and different simulations will surely delight you.
If you love to watch exotic birds or you are a lover of birds, then this is the place for you. Due to the greenery present here it has many exotic species of birds in it.
If you want to witness the live theatre, then you can give it a visit.