Sai Baba Temple
Sai Baba Temple is located at
Guru Ravi Das
Marg, Karol Bagh, New
Delhi, Delhi 110005 , INDIA.
The Sai Baba Temple is the oldest and most popular temple amongst the many Shirdi Sai Baba temples scattered across the city. It lies on a busy junction of Krol Bagh in New Delhi and is easily accessible via local taxis and auto rickshaws.
Shirdi Sai Baba was a renowned saint who was born on 15th October 1918 and later went on to be known as a spiritual guru, fakir and yogi. He preached the goodness of life,forgiveness, peace, charity, love for God and that God was one who came in different images and hence worshipped accordingly.
Shirdi Sai Baba always tried to bring unity and peace amongst the Hindu and Muslims. He was a highly regarded Saint who preached the word of God derived from both the Holy books of Quran and Bhagavad Gita. He was often seen performing rituals of both these religions and lived in a Mosque and was buried in a Temple. The members of the Sai Baba community wanted to construct a Memorial in the honour of Shirdi Sai Baba and bought a plot addressed 17, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road in New Delhi.
Devotees and members of the Sai Baba Community have generously donated towards the upkeep of the temple.
Devotees donated generously towards the renovation of the temple . Today, the Shirdi Sai Baba Mandirz has become the focal point of worship for all the Shirdi Sai Baba ardent worshippers and devotees of Northern India and attracts many tourists from across the globe.
Sai Baba Temple, Guru Ravi Das Marg, Block 18B, Dev Nagar, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110005
Type of Place
- Senior Citizen
- IGI Airport
- New Delhi Railway Station
- Karol Bagh
- • The temple opens on a daily basis at 0500 hours
• various Aartis are performed between 0515 hours and 2130 hours for devotees
• No entry fees.
• One must also remember to remove their shoes before entering the temple complex and maintain the sanctity of the area.
- Tourists and visitors are welcomed to witness lovely Aarti celebration and enjoy the spiritual enlightenment. Dedication and Devotion for Sai Baba is an attraction for people
Things to Buy
- In front of the temple there was some stalls which have things like posters, statue, Calendars, all religious thing .
But on walking distance Ghaffar Market where you can buy Fancy clothes of any type, Glasses, Shoes of any Brand, Decorative Items, Bangles, Bindi etc and all make up items, it is especially known as a Mobile Phone ( electronic gadgets ) market where you buy Mobile phones, all related accessories and damage Mobile repair here also.
Things to Eat
- In front of Temple very small shops and Dhaba where you can eat mix veg, shahi paneer, Boondi Raita etc
But in the market there are several high quality restaurant where you can taste Korma, Butter Chicken, Paneer Tikka, chaap etc.
Things to enjoy
- The atmosphere of the temple is calm and gives peace to our soul in that moment we forget all the bad thing in our mind and heart hence enjoying that second .Tourists and visitors are welcomed to witness lovely Aarti celebration and enjoy the spiritual enlightenment.