Shri Kalkaji Mandir
Kalka Ji Temple also known as Kalka Mandir is a famous and highly respected Hindu Mandir. The temple is devoted to the Hindu goddess Kalka or Kali, an avatar of Durga and located in South Delhi, near Lotus Temple. The temple is one of the top tourist attractions in Delhi. Shri Kalkaji Mandir is such a famous shrine which is visited by crores of people every year.
This is also called Manokamna Siddha Peeth which means that all the desires of the devotees are fulfilled here by the Deity Goddess Kalika who has taken this temple as her abode. The Peeth dates back to Satyug when the Goddess Kalika had killed ‘Raktbeejasur’ along with other Giants. Even Lord Krishna had worshipped here along with Pandavas before going for the battle of ‘Kurukshetra’ and also after winning the battle.
Shri Kalkaji Mandir, Ma Anandmayee Marg, NSIC Estate, Block 9, Kalkaji, New Delhi, Delhi 110019
Type of Place
- Senior Citizen
- IGI Airport.
- Kalkaji Mandir Metro Station.
- New Delhi Railway Station.
- Open On All Days
Timing: 06:00 AM To 10:00 PM
(best time to visit during the morning and evening aarti)
Entry Fee: Free
Photography: Not allowed in prayer hall.
- The construction of the temple is done of marble and black pumice stones. It is a twelve-sided architecture with a verandah that encloses the main complex on all sides. The black stone inside the compound denotes Goddess Kali. The temple complex is a simple structure with barely any ostentation. Kaali Dharamshala in the temple campus was built specially for the convenience of the visitors.
Things to Buy
- Elegant handicrafts, Furniture items, Jewellery, Trendy designer wears, Books.
Things to Eat
- Parathas, Chaat, Kebabs, Chole Bhature, Biryani, Momos etc.
Things to enjoy
- Devotees attend the Kalkaji Temple all over the year, but the peak point of the celebration comes during the festival of Navratri. Navratri is a nine-day festival, during which a large fair is coordinated here.