Sidi Saeed Mosque
The Sidi Saiyyed Mosque more popularly known as "Sidi Saiyyid ki Jaali" was built in 1573, and is one of the most famous mosques of Ahmedabad.it was built by in the procession of sultan Ahemad ShahBilal Jhajar Khan, general in the army of the last Sultan Shams-ud-Din Muzaffar Shah III of the Gujarat Sultanate. This beautiful mosque is constructed in Indi Saracenic Architecture.
This mosque was built in the last year of the existence of Sultanate of Gujarat.
Its main attraction the Jalis have such an inspiring history as these jali becomes inspirations for the logo of Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad. Even in those days when the British ruled India these jali were so unique as Britishers extracted a central jali and took it to London for putting it into the museum for the show.
Sidi Saiyed's Mosque, Bhadra Rd, Opposite Electricity House, Gheekanta, Lal Darwaja, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380001.
Type of Place
- Senior Citizen
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport.
- Ahemdabad Railway Station. Maninagar Railway Station.
- Opens On All Days.
No Fees For Entry.
Phone :- 079 2550 6264
Visit Specially On Friday or Sunday If Possible.
- Its main attraction is its architecture and especially beautifully carved ten stone latticework windows (jalis). Consisting of beautiful carved windows, the mosque is known for its stone tracery.
Things to Buy
- As the mosque is located in a busy market many things can be purchased many small handicrafts with different types of house decorating items can be purchased. Never forget to shop textile when you visit to ahemdabad as ahemdabad is famous for its textile
Things to Eat
- Must Try Special Gujarati Thali, which typically consists of Roti, Dal or Kadhi, Rice and Vegetable Curries . You can also try out the famous Khichdi with Chaas (Buttermilk) . Don't Forget to taste different types of kebabs.
Things to enjoy
- Must enjoy the clean and calm environment which will make you fully energetic and refresh. Don't even forget to capture the unique jalis of this Sidi Saiyyed Mosque.