Snow city is the name given to a, ice and snow-themed, an indoor amusement park featuring frozen slides, rides and other family activities in Bangalore. It is located in Jayamahal, Fun World Complex, JC Nagar, Bengaluru.
The 3000 sq-meter Centre was built at the cost of $6 Million and was officially opened in the year 2000. The NTUC made the Snow City in collaboration with the Science Centre, Singapore.
Type of Place
- Bangalore International Airport
- Bangalore Cantonment Railway Station
- The Snow City is open to the visitors on all 365 days of the year.
While visiting the place, visitors must be prepared with a woolen wardrobe as the temperature may be as low as -5 Degree Celsius.
The entry is based on sessions of about 45 minutes with an entrance fee of Rs. 500-600.
There are 10 sessions per day starting from 10:15 AM and the last session is at 7:15 PM.
The snow is made from drinking water which makes it edible, so that children may play carefree.
Here socks are mandatory to wear that must be of thick wool for safety purposes.
- Snow City is a beautiful place to have fun for both children and grown-ups. Snow City offers a variety of fascinating activities that will make the day of the visitors. The activities include Snow Castling, Snow Mountain Climbing, Snow Dance Floor, Snow Slide, Snow Igloo, Snow Rafting, Snow Tube and much more.
Things to Buy
- There is a nearby Mall named as Jayamahal Janatha Bazaar known for gifts and specialty items.
Things to Eat
- The nearby commercial street offers a variety of delicious south Indian street foods.
Things to enjoy
- The Snow City also offers a variety of Hi-Tech Games to be played like: Laser Tag, Big Buck HD, After Dark, Ice Bumping Car, Congo Bongo, Around The Road, Frost Island and many more. Moreover, it also has organized a 9D Cinema for realistic experiences of great adventures.