Sri Ahobila Mutt's Sri Balaji Mandir
Sri Ahobila Mutt Sri Balaji Mandir, Pune was set up in 1998 as a branch of Sri Ahobila Mutt. This temple architecture and idols of the Gods are similar to Tirumala Tirupati Balaji Temple. The temple was consecrated on 4thFebruary 2002 in the august presence of Srimad Azhgiyasingar, the 45thJeer of Sri Ahobila Mutt.
Sri Lakshmi Nrusimha Sabha, an institution of Srivaishnavites of Pune, has assisted the construction of the temple for Sri Ahobila Mutt.
In a hamlet in the suburb of Tirukkurungudi, there lived a person by name, Nampaduvan. He was extremely devoted to Lord Nambi and every day at night when all the worship in the Temple ended, he would go and stand in front of the Temple with lute in hand and sing the glory of the Lord with joy and return home. This went on for a long time.Once on the Sukla Paksha Ekadasi Day of the month of Kartik, Nampaduvan left his hut with lute in hand to Sri Nambi Temple to sing the praise of the Lord. On the way, he was seized by a Brahma Rakshasa, who threatened to devour (swallow) him. Nampaduvan was not afraid of losing his life, but was sorry that he might not have the good fortune of singing the glory of the Lord that night.So he pleaded with the Brahma Rakshasa to release him so that he could do this service to the God and promised to return before daybreak and offer himself to the Rakshas. Having moved by his request, the Rakshas allowed him to go and said that he would wait for the positive return of Nampaduvan.
Shop No, 374, Padamjee Rd, Bhawani Peth, Pune, Maharashtra 411042
Type of Place
- Senior Citizen
- Pune International Airport.
- Pune Railway station.
- Temple Open Timing - 5:00AM to 8:00PM
07:30 AM to 08:15 AM
Daily Naivedyam. 10:30 AM to 11:15 AM
06:30 PM to 07:15 PM
Saliampu – Netradarshan - 09:00 AM to 09:30 PM (Thursday Only)
Poolangi Seva (Thursday Only) - 05:00 PM to 05:30 PM
After Abhishekam (Friday Only) - 08:15 AM to 10:15 AM
Timings Pooja Details
Suprabhatam 05.00 am to 05.30 am
Morning Pooja 06.30 am to 08.15 am
Afternoon Pooja. 10.00 am to 11.15 am
Evening Pooja. 06.00 pm to 07.15 pm
Shuddhi &Ekantseva 08.00 pm onwards
Friday Special Program
Abhishekam 07.30 am to 08.00 am
Unjal-seva 05.00 pm to 05.45 pm
- TAMIL NEW YEAR DAY - HEVILAMBI YEAR, SRI NIRUSIMHA JAYANTI, CHITRA POURNAMI, JESHTABHISHEKAM, THIRUPAVADAI, UTSAVAM, DAKSHINAYANA PUNYAKALAM, CHATURMASYA VRATAM BEGINS, ADI PATHINETTAM PERUKKU, RIG UPAKARMA, YAJUR UPAKARMA, GAYATRI JAPAM, SAMA UPAKARMA, MAHANAVMI / SARASWATI PUJA, VIJAYA DASAMI, TULA VISHNU PUNYAKALAM / SANKARAMANAM, DEEPAVALI / POORVODAYA NARAKA CHATURDASI, SNANAM, KASIKA EKADASI, ANADYAYANAM BEGINS, DHANURMASA ARADHANAM, HANUMAT JAYANTI, VAIKUNTA EKADASI, KOODARAI VELLUM, BHOGI-SRI ANDAL THIRUKALYANAM, MAKARA SANKRANTI/ UTTARAYANA PUNYAKALAM, KANU PONGAL, ANADYAYANAM ENDS, RATHA SAPTAMI, MASI MAGHAM, GUDI PADVA / UGADI NEW YEAR, PANGUNI UTIRAM, AKSHAYA TRITHEYA, These are the main festival which is calibrated every year .
Things to Buy
- Pune has a whole world of offerings when it come to beautiful goodies. You will love to shop for stunning local handicrafts, antique items like gramophone records or rare coins, exquisite leather items, comfy Kolhapuri Chappals, trendy fashion accessories, stylish footwear, designer dresses, Chiwda (rice flakes) and slippers made from rubber. Be sure to bargain for your favorite stuff as the local vendors tend to overcharge for the tourists.
Things to Eat
- Chocolate toast at Flavours : The chocolate toast is another dish that became popular in a handcart on the streets of Koregaon Park. ‘Flavours’ has come a long way since then, but the authenticity and delectable taste of its chocolate toast has not changed with fame.
Bhel : Kalyan Bhel is now an institution with several branches. Each has the same taste as the others and I always go in for what is called Bhel on the menu, passing up the opportunity to try Material Bhel and Matki Bhel.
Bakarwadi : One of the treats that I take back on the return flight is the Chitale Bandhu Mithaiwala's Bakarwadi. Chitale Bandhu is a Pune institution, somewhat like Haldiram's. It makes both mithai and namkeen and bakarwadi which is an example of a savoury roll made of wheat flour that has been spread with a spicy masala mixture and deep-fried.
Cold Pressed Peanut Oil and Peanut Chutney : Pune is where I stock up on two other things as well. One is cold pressed peanut oil that is sold at every grocery and supermarket.
Things to enjoy
- The surrounding environment is excellent. The design of the temple is the perfect replica of the Tirupati Balaji temple. Inside the temple there is Idol of the Lord Venkateshwara. There is Hundi outside to contribute the money for different activities. Also, there are four small temples inside main temple. Don't forget to see top surface of the main Venkateshwara temple. Lords images painted on it. An Extra-ordinary Painting work. Don't forget to take prasad as a Laddu. Its taste is Extra-ordinary. Also you can take Maha-Prasad coupon inside the temple if you are in between 9 am to 3 pm time.