Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple
Shri Ranganathaswamy Temple / Thiruvarangam located in Srirangam, Tiruchirapalli district, Tamil Naidu, India. Constructed in the Dravidian style of architecture.
The location where the Ranganathan idol was placed was later covered by an overgrowth of deep forests, due to disuse. After a very long time, a Chola king, chasing a parrot, accidentally found the idol. He then established the Ranganathaswamy temple as one of the largest temple complexes in the world.
Ranganayaki shrine is in the second precinct of the temple. The common reference to the goddess is padi thaanda pathni, meaning lady who doesn't cross the boundaries of ethics. The festival deity of Ranganayaki also does not come out of the shrine and it is Ranganthar who visits Ranganayaki. There are three images of Ranganayaki within the sanctum.
The history is not ended here this temple have more history. For more go there and Know more about the temple which make it more interesting.
Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple, Srirangam, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu 620006
Type of Place
- Senior Citizen
- Tiruchirappalli International Airport.
- Srirangam has a railway station that can be reached from Chennai through any of the major trains travelling in the Chennai-Kanyakumari railway track. There is also many connection point to many regions of south and north.
- Trichy Central bus stand has direct services to most parts of Tamil Nadu. From the bus stand, tourists can avail local buses, taxi, auto rickshaw to reach Srirangam.
- • Opens all days of week.
• Timings- 6:00AM to 9:00PM
• Pooja Time : 7.30am – 9.15am, 12.00Noon – 1.15pm, 5.45pm – 6.45pm
• Service Time(Dharshan) : 6.15am – 7.30am, 9.15am – 12.00Noon, 1.15pm – 5.45pm, 6.45pm – 9pm
• Different type of darshan n pooja of shrines have different timings
• Temple have festival throughout the year. Some named as.
Brahmotsavam , somes other festivals are also there celebrate
- Comes under list of the largest functioning Hindu temple in the world.The main entrance, known as the Rajagopuram (the royal temple tower), rises from the base area of around 13 cents and goes up to 237 feet, moving up in progressively smaller eleven tiers.It's location, on a island in KAVERI RIVER.
Things to Buy
- Beautiful pooja items, shells, pearls.
Things to Eat
- Rava dosa, vada with sambar and cocconut chutney.
Things to enjoy
- The temple is enclosed by 7 concentric walls (termed prakarams) (outer courtyard) with a total length of over six miles. This temple has 21 gopurams (towers), 39 pavilions, fifty shrines, Ayiram kaal mandapam (a hall of 1000 pillars) and several small water bodies inside. The space within the outer two prakarams (outer courtyard) is occupied by several shops, restaurants and flower stalls.Non-Hindus are allowed up to the second prakaram (outer courtyard) but not inside the gold topped sanctum sanctorum.