Sri Subramaniya Swami Temple
Sri subramanyan swami temple/ The Thiruchendur murugan temple situated in Tiruchendur,Thoothukudi district(known as "Pearl City"), Tamil Naidu, India. Second most important among six major abodes of kaumaram religion.
In 17th century A.D the temple occupied by Dutch East Indian Company for brief time. The local people tried to free there temple, with no success. They finally vacated the temple with idols of temple. Later threw the idol into sea. Vadamliyappa pillai,an ardent devote of lord muruga in dream revealed the place of idol's poisition in his dream. They retrieve the idol of temple.
Sri Subramaniya Swami Temple, Pillaiyarpalayam, Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu 631502
Type of Place
- Senior Citizen
- Tuticorin Airport.
- Tiruchendur. Thiruchendur town is connected to Tirunelveli by rail.
- Bus connected to Aruppukkottai, Ettayapuram, Tuticorin, Kovilpatti, Sankarankovil, Madurai and Tirunelveli.
- Opens on all days of week.
Timings- 5:00AM to 9:00PM
Temple has festivals throughtout year.
Most Important festivals - Aavani festival, Maasi festival.
- Never ending pillars, Countless towers, sannathi street, Beach Front , The sanctum sanctorium below ground level.
Things to Buy
- Famous for peral collection, shells.
Things to Eat
- Dosa, Idli, served with cocconut chutney and sambar.
Things to enjoy
- Nazhi kinaru, a sacred well devotes ritual cleaning by bathing. Rajgopura(the royal temple tower) built in the shores of Bay of Bengal very near to sea, approx 200m is still a mystery and an outstanding example of architecture and engineering.