Swatantrata Sangram Museum
The museum is also knwon as Swatantra Sangram Sangrahalay that provides a deep into the history of Indian struggle for the freedom. This museum is located in the Naubat Khana, Red Fort, Naubat khana right of chatta chowk, Old Delhi.
The history learners who want to know about the period of Indian Independence struggle this museum is the best way to know about all the movements and struggles of our great personalities visitors will be treated a slice of independence struggle history through various objects such as guns and swords used during those eventful decades medals sculptures and badges.
Swatantrata Sangram Museum, Lal Qila, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi, Delhi 110006
Type of Place
- Indira Gandhi Intl. Airport
- Old Delhi Railway Station
- Chandni Chowk
- Timing :- 10:00 AM TO 05:00 PM (Except Friday).
Entry Fee :- 10rs. For Indians, 250rs. For Foreigners.
- Swatantra Sangram sangrahalay include the various paintings documents, diagrams, photographs and maps from the past dating back to several centuries. Also on display written letters by key personalities relics of history importance.
Things to Buy
- One can buy many of artworks made from marbles, sand collected artworks from different regions of country.
Other than these all one can purchase wide range of toys from small one to remote control toys
Things to Eat
- Just outside the complex one can eat foods like chole bhature, chole kulche, pani pudi etc with the ice creams. After a little walking distance one can find the most famous of delhi the PARANTHE OF CHANDNI CHOWK some paranthe shops are hundred years old.
Even non veg lovers can get many varieties in nearby market i.e., chicken tikka,Mutton biryani, chicken biryani and many more items.
Things to enjoy
- The emphasises of the India's first war for independence in 1857 shown here.