Tiruchirapalli Rock Fort
Tiruchirappalli Rockfort is a historic temple complex built on an ancient rock. It is located in the city of Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India. It is constructed on a 83 metres high rock that may date to over one billion years ago.
The fort has witnessed fierce battles between the Madurai Nayakas and Adil Shahi dynasty of Bijapur, Carnatic region and Maratha Imperial forces.
Tiruchirapalli Rock Fort, Teppakulam Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu 620002
Type of Place
- Picnic Spot
- Senior Citizen
- Tiruchirappalli International Airport.
- Tiruchirappalli Junction.
- Open :- All days of the week.
Timing :- 6:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Entry Fee- 3rs per person.
- Some Popular tourist attractions are Pallava-era Ganesha temple and the Madurai Nayak-era fort.
Things to Buy
- Handmade stuff and hand made sweaters.
Things to Eat
- Dosa with chutney and sambar traditionally served in banana leaf.
Things to enjoy
- There are two Hindu temples inside, the Ucchi Pillayar Temple, Rockfort and the Thayumanaswami Temple, Rockfort.